Police of Misiones provincexeon
The Misiones Police Department is committed in protecting life, preserving public order and peace, human rights, security and integrity of citizens in order to guarantee both the individual and social development, as well as the achievement of the harmonious coexistence of all the inhabitants of Misiones province, through the execution of coordinated, efficient and transparent actions.
With the purpose of promoting a security and risk management culture that can protect its citizens and members of the security forces, the major of Posadas city had decided to implement a digital mission-critical communications system that would allow interoperability between all the security agencies and emergency help offices with the Police, to be able to coordinate operations, take control of events and accelerate response times.
In order to reach the target of modernizing its telecommunications network, the Misiones Police Department has chosen the solution proposed by Technology Bureau, mainly because of our experience in the design and implementation of comprehensive mission-critical solutions for public safety that promote safe cities and thriving communities.
We have designed a mission-critical system based on Motorola Solutions technologies.
The following ones are the mainly performed tasks at this project:
– Implementation of “multi-site system”. This system based on the P25 radio communication Standard is complemented by portable, mobile and fixed APX radio links.
– Full implementation of five (5) dispatch console sites with communications recording, fleet management and geolocation.
– Provision of the infrastructure of the repetition and dispatch sites, including masts, energy, redundant fiber optic networks and radio links, where a new Networking network is deployed.
– Implementation of video surveillance system and environmental control.
This system has been designed to operate in situations of mission critical and natural disasters, offering:
– Remarkable tolerance to increased call traffic
– Coverage throughout the Police operation area
– Additional batteries in the network so as to guarantee operation in case of eventual power supply blackouts.
– Instant and secure communication (call time less than 500 milliseconds)
– Encrypted data transmission to protect the information shared among the different points of the network.
This kind of hi-tech telecommunications networks not only optimize public safety monitoring but also they reduce considerably emergency response times.
The improved features of P25 systems helps to drastically reduce costs and to improve ROI (Return on investment) by allowing a high degree of interoperability and compatibility among different equipment.
Features that impact favorably on the cost of maintenance of the system and its update throughout its life cycle.
The advantage of having the Master Site fully assembled/mounted, allows the solution to be expanded to other cities by just adding remote repeaters.
Thanks to the standardization of communications through a command and control center, the security agencies now are always step forward from any emergency events and can coordinate responses and concentrate operations at the place of an incident in just a few minutes.
With all these benefits, police agents improve their communications at the entire zone, and this fact can help them to provide first-quality security services and to promote the peace and protection of thousands of Argentinian citizens.